Are you looking for a good international school in Bangalore for your kids? Are you overwhelmed by the options open to you? Are you struggling to make a good decision? Read through this checklist. This will help you make a better, smarter and more informed decision.
- Does the school really have an international look and feel?
- Is the school located in a quiet, natural locale, conducive to learning?
- Does the school have international accreditations?
- International Baccalaureate (IB) and IGCSE are globally-recognized academic models. Does your international school follow either of these curriculums?
- Is there a focus on extra-curricular activities as much as on academics?
- Does the school focus on sports that your kids are used to playing (like baseball, rugby)?
- Does the school have air-conditioned classrooms as Indian weather can be hot and humid?
- Does the school have top-of-the-line infrastructure in terms labs and other resources?
- Are the teaching faculty trained to handle international students?
- Does the school serve global cuisine in its cafeteria?
- Does the school follow the Indian year or the American year?
- If it’s a residential school, check to see if your child will feel at home in his boarding room?
- Will the school take care of the transportation needs of the child?
- How will the school help smoothen your child’s transition to a new environment?
If you are an expat looking to enroll your child in an international school in India, look up the web to see what IB schools in Bangalore have to offer. Talk to parents of children attending each school. Take a walk through around schools that interest you, if possible, take your child along with you. Do all this, before you make your decision. After all, your child deserves the best.